OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Controlled Vocabulary for the Paper Subjects and Keywords?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Controlled Vocabulary for the Paper Subjects and Keywords?

Postby rania » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:55 am

Hello all! :D

I was wondering if there any consideration in adding controlled vocabularies for the paper subjects and keywords.
I think this would be interesting and helpful for indexing and searching.
I would like to know if such an implementation is difficult in OJS and if someone has already done for his journal.

Thank you in advance!

Rania
rania

Re: Controlled Vocabulary for the Paper Subjects and Keywords?

Postby rania » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:33 am

Also, I've noticed that in version 2.2 there is no Indexing Section in Step 2 when uploading a paper, where the subjects and keywords are added.
Is there a provision for this to be added in the future?
Again, thank you very much!

Rania
rania

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:40 am

Hi Rania,

Have you doublechecked your setup under Journal Setup Step 3.4: For Authors to Index Their Work? You should be able to provide a number of indexing options for your authors to fill out, including subject and keyword indexing.

I'm not sure whether there are plans to add the option of controlled vocabularies for subject and keyword indexing, but I can check with the developers.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 am

Actually, here is another link relating to this subject:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1884&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=controlled+vocabulary

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby rania » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:10 am

Hello James!

Again, thank you for your quick reply. :D

Regarding the second question, I forgot that I have to Setup the Indexing in Journal Management. My mistake! :roll:

Regarding the first question, I had seen the topic that you have send me, but since the last reply was in May 2007, I was wondering if there were any news regarding this matter.
We would like to apply controlled vocabularies to our journals, so I would like to know if someone else has already done it, or what is the process in order for me to do it, if there any of course... :wink:

Again many thanks for the help!

Rania
rania

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:40 am

Hi Rania,

I checked with the developers, and they say the controlled vocabulary option may be added eventually, but is not currently a priority. This would be an ideal plugin; unfortunately, I haven't seen any action on this front from other users on the forum.

Glad to hear the other issue has been solved, though!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby rania » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:01 am

Hi James!
Thank you for your help! :)
I 'll check it with the librarians regarding which metadata needs controlled vocabularies and maybe develop a plugin for that to contribute to the forum!
Again, many thanks!

Cheers!
Rania
rania

Postby svillanueva » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:25 am

Hello,

I'm really interested in that controllled list of vocabuluary for the indexing and I would like to know which is the procedure to implement a plugin with this funcionality.

Many thanks,

Sergi Villanueva.
svillanueva

Return to OJS Development