OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

rt.css and articleView.css

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

rt.css and articleView.css

Postby nef » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:17 pm

Hi
Today you can overwrite the common.css. I will suggest that you give us the same opportunity regarding the rt.css and articleView.css.
If I make changes in the common.css it will now automatically 'overwrite' the other css-files, and that is not desirable. Cf. my question under OJS Support - Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:12 am 'Abstract page moves to the left '

Regards
nef

Re: rt.css and articleView.css

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Hi nef,

Generally, I wouldn't recommend editing the site-wide common.css file; you should be able to selectively override those styles by applying a journal stylesheet, which can be uploaded in Journal Setup step 5. This stylesheet should override any of the built-in styles.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nef » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:32 am

Hi Alec
That's the way I've done it, by uploading in Journal Setup step 5. But the new style sheet - journalStyleSheet.css - overwrites rt.css and articleView.css and that's not desirable, e.g. the body tag on the Abstract page changes from 580px to 800px.

Regards
nef

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:37 am

Hi nef,

Are you using different widths than those specified in styles/common.css? If not, I'd suggest removing the widths from your uploaded stylesheet and allowing common.css to provide those details. That way the additional styles in rt.css and articleView.css won't get clobbered.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nef » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:40 pm

Thank you so much. It works - perfect.

Regards
nef

Return to OJS Development