OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Layout Galleys

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Layout Galleys

Postby ramon » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:44 pm

Hello all,

When submitting layout galleys, which is the default radio button selected (not the final version for publishing), whenever a new galley is submitted the previous one gets overridden.

Is this the standard workings of OJS?

If so, I would recommend allowing storage of different layout galleys. According to OJS in An Hour, the layout galley is supposed to be a template for the Layout Editor, right? So, if you have PDF and HTML galleys, you should be able to send 2 different templates.

Besides, the layout editor does not have access to the final edited text, unless it is sent via the layout galley.

The page should be very similar to the article pages for the editor/author/reviewer...
A header section with information about the article, the private area for work (layout galleys and proofreading).

If this is not correct, then I have a problem in my installation....
ramon

Re: Layout Galleys

Postby ramon » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Hello all,

On another Galley note, I think Composition should be the default checked option.
I changed in the template and the form that was disabled (because the layout was concluded) is now enabled....
ramon

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:56 am

Hi Ramón,

The Layout Version (the default checkbox selection) is used by the Editor to declare a certain version of the original submission (typically in a word processor format) as the definitive version that should be used e.g. by the Layout Editor to compose galleys. The Layout Editor will then use that document as a basis for producing the galleys themselves in HTML, PDF, etc.

It sounds like you're interested in a place to upload templates, which is a feature that's included in the upcoming 2.2 release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ramon » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:03 pm

Alec,

If the Layout version is supposed to be the "final version" of the submission, for it's layout to be created, then the Layout Editor should NOT have permission to upload files that may replace the original.

Just a matter of security of document versions... users are prone to errors if you allow them to.
ramon

Return to OJS Development