OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Feature request: Categories for journals

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Feature request: Categories for journals

Postby christo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:49 am

In our old system we were able to browse categorize journals, and browse journals by category and by country. Is there a possibility of adding this sort of functionality to OJS2 (or is it there already somewhere?)
christo

Re: Feature request: Categories for journals

Postby asmecher » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:43 am

Hi Christo,

This must've been a modification on your part; OJS 1.x didn't support this. We've had a few requests to improve the portal-level interface of OJS, and browsing by country and category certainly sound like good features. This probably won't make it into the next release (OJS 2.2), but we will be working on this sort of thing in the future.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Feature request: Categories for journals

Postby christo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:35 pm

It might well have been.

I am working on a new plugin which i am calling portal CMS. it comes with a CMS, and bypasses the default homepage to give OJS a much more portal-like feel. I will add these modifications in with this plugin as i think they are relevant.

The plugin is coming along quite well, and i should have some kind of a demo up for you by monday..
christo

Return to OJS Development