OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.
Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca
This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.
I have a request that has to do with the specific workings of our journal. We do currently not ask for unrequested submissions; in fact, since we are mainly a review journal, we request authors to contact us first before even starting on a text. However, OJS currently does not offer a stage of the article that can be placed before its submission.
It would be lovely if OJS could feature the possibility to register an article (if possible with the possibility to comment on the specific status, e.g. whether the book has been received and the like) and for the editors to set a date when the article is due so that automatic reminders may be sent.
Thank you for considering this.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:12 am
- Location: Berlin, Germany
I'll pass this along. In the meantime, here's something you could try:
- Disable author self-registration in Journal Setup, page 2.
- On journal setup, page 5, add some content to the journal homepage stating that authors should contact the editorial team (e.g. by email) in order to submit.
- When an author contacts the editorial team, the Journal Manager can register the author manually.
This will allow you to manage your author list carefully.
Open Journal Systems Team
- Posts: 10015
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm
Return to OJS Development
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest