OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

public files for a Journal

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

public files for a Journal

Postby fazio » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:40 am

Hi to all,

In order to give web access to manage public files for a single journal (without using FTP), I have created into the folder used by File Browser (the Jourrnal manager feature) a symbolic link to the webserver's "public" folder where OJS stores public files.

Is this this right or I missed something?
The next step is making automatic creation of that symbolic link every time a new journal is created.

In the end, I'd need a File Browser function for site administrator, is there a simple way to obtain this feature?

Thanx
Riccardo
fazio

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:23 am

Hi Riccardo,

That's correct. We're considering moving the public files directory into the private files directory, or providing direct access to the public files directory via the files browser; this will remove the requirement for a symbolic link. However, we're not likely to give broader access than that, as this already begins to open up security concerns (e.g. using the files browser to create .php scripts in the public files directory).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Re: public files for a Journal

Postby mayuso » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:35 am

Hi all,
I'd like to add a pdf file with the author guide lines in several places, but I don't know how to create the symbolic link to it.
I have uploaded to a new folder by the files manager.
Riccardo did it, Could anybody detail the steps?
Thank you
mayuso

Return to OJS Development