OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upload revised files reminder

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Upload revised files reminder

Postby piotreba » Wed May 14, 2014 7:00 am

Hello,

I think it would be reasonable for Editors to be able to set deadline for authors to submit revised files, with automatic post-deadline reminder. Maybe some simple checkbox in the Editor Decision section that would cause submission enters "awaiting for revised manuscript" state? It could be disabled at any time.
piotreba

Re: Upload revised files reminder

Postby asmecher » Wed May 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi piotreba,

Not a bad idea, but also not something we've heard a lot of calls for. I suspect something like this would be more likely to enter our priority list on the OJS 3.0 line of releases once that's finished. Developer contributions are of course always welcome.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Upload revised files reminder

Postby piotreba » Wed May 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Would be great, I think it would further help to control editorial process management.
piotreba

Return to OJS Development