OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Full Text Indexing

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Full Text Indexing

Postby zain » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello ,
My project is related to OJS development .It is about full text indexing using Map Reduce
My question is this plugin will be a good contribution to OJS or this feature already available in OJS ?
Could any one give me a brief description of the text indexing in OJS?

Thanks ,
Zain
zain

Re: Full Text Indexing

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi Zain,

Generally OJS uses an inverted index stored in MySQL to store text extracted either from its own built-in HTML tokenizer or externally configured tools to pull text from e.g. PDF or PostScript files. (These tools are configured in config.inc.php.) The article_search_* tables store the extracted content.

The alternative is to use the Lucene plugin, which is implemented in plugins/generic/lucene. If you're interested in implementing an alternative to the built-in indexing tools, this would be a good plugin to model your work after.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Full Text Indexing

Postby zain » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks for the information .
zain

Return to OJS Development