OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

No e-mails are sent to authors

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

No e-mails are sent to authors

Postby emendez » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Dear forum members:

I am making the implementation of the Journal Notebooks-FHyCS (http://www.cuadernos-fhycs.org.ar) belonging to a University of Argentina and I have the following problem:

- The system sends e-mails to users after performing your registration
- When you send an article for publication, the e-mail is saved in the system log correctly, but not sent to the authors.

I can program in PHP but know the name and location of the script that has the bug and should be modified.

Since already many thanks.

Ernesto Mendez
emendez

Re: No e-mails are sent to authors

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:59 am

Hi Ernesto,

If you're getting any mail out of the system, then your mail configuration (e.g. SMTP) is obviously correct; I suspect the messages are getting trapped in spam filters. Have you checked there? Do you have access to your outgoing mail server's send logs?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development