OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

install ojs modified[Sloved]

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

install ojs modified[Sloved]

Postby cristianviza » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:53 am

Hello everybody

I have a several change in my ojs, now I need to move this "ojs modified" to another computer's, but I don't want install "ojs original" on another computer and paste the changes one by one.I want to take the copy to modify and install.
What changes I need can in install.php to do that? it is necessary some change or is sufifiente on change config.inc.php ->
; Set this to On once the system has been installed
; (This is generally done automatically by the installer)
installed = Off
?.
Note: I modify only file present in the original distribution ojs, I don't add any file adittional.

Regards Cristian
Last edited by cristianviza on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
cristianviza

Re: install ojs modified

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 am

Hi Cristian,

Moving an install is just like performing a backup and restore, but with each performed on a different server. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/quickreference/quickreference.pdf for instructions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby cristianviza » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:51 am

Hello Asmecher.

I read http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/quickrefer ... erence.pdf for instructions, and this solucion working, however I want to get out in display "installation screen", I change config.inc.php -> installed = Off , but that is not enough.
where else do I have to change for me to leave the installation as if it had lowered the zip from page ?

Regards Cristian.
cristianviza

Postby asmecher » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:06 am

Hi Cristian,

I'm not sure I understand -- on your new system, is the system always displaying the installation page? Or is it not, and you would like it to?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby cristianviza » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Hello asmecher.
I Explain , I made ​​several changes to the ojs to get off the page , add visual changes , and menu and other various things . That ojs zip down the page , it decompressed in my folder / var / www / ojs . after that between the browser and install it normally. Now , I want my version to finish editing do the same as you are off the official website . I want to put my version in a zip , unzip it and then appears they installation window during installation and will create the database, in the same way it does the zip that is downloaded from the website .
I made a zip with my modified version and change the config.inc.php file property  installed=on for installed = off  me display appears the installation but when I unzip the zip file on the machine  i want  see to install screen but not appear installation screen so I wonder what else I would fail to make me change out installation screen as if it had appeared zip ojs lowered the official website.
Regards cristian
cristianviza

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi Cristian,

I suspect you're running into file permissions problems. What do you see instead of the installation screen -- is it a blank page?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Re: install ojs modified[Slove]

Postby cristianviza » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 am

Hello asmecher. Yes . It was a blank page, I could fix it. I had a permissions problems. :)

Thanks Cristian.
cristianviza

Return to OJS Development