OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Edit Metadata for Layout Editor

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Edit Metadata for Layout Editor

Postby lednakashim » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi,
I am trying to modify OJS to support editing metadata as a layout editor - because our scientific editors are too busy to be bothered with those kinds of things. I think I am half way there, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Modifications Made:
1. Added an include to
Code: Select all
submission/metadata/metadata.tpl

2. Added
 $templateMgr->assign('canEditMetadata', true);
to
./pages/layoutEditor/SubmissionLayoutHandler.inc.php

Right now the metadata shows up in a form that is not possible to edit. How do I make it editable.
lednakashim

Re: Edit Metadata for Layout Editor

Postby asmecher » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi lednakashim,

Can you post your modifications as a .diff? It would be easier to understand the changes you made that way.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby lednakashim » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:53 pm

I got it working by also adding the associated actions to the layout editor php page.

I am stuck on another problem, allowing a layout editor to change the article scheduling. This is important because we the proof stage to occur after official publication, hence a layout editor needs to also schedule the issue.

I have added the following two lines to the submission page, but I can't get the variable
issueOptions
to contain any data.

/**
         * Display layout editor submissions page.
         */
        function submissions($args) {
        import('classes.issue.IssueAction');
        $templateMgr->assign('issueOptions', IssueAction::getIssueOptions());

Shows up correctly ('Array") when logged in as an editor, but doesn't show up when logged in as a layout editor.
<p>
{$issueOptions selected=$issueId}
</p>
lednakashim

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 am

Hi lednakashim,

It looks like you're calling $templateMgr->assign before you fetch the TemplateManager object. Also, your Smarty tag to display the $issueOptions variable isn't valid; check the Smarty documentation on how to work with arrays.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development