OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[Help]How to modify the homepage

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

[Help]How to modify the homepage

Postby UntionSdu » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:07 pm

I want to modify the homepage of our own system, it is expected little like this websitehttp://cacm.acm.org. But I cannot figure out which file I should handle.
Besides,in the file <template/common/header.tpl>there is a statement {include file="core:common/header.tpl"},my question is how to find the file be included in the template resource 'core'.
Many thanks for your help.
UntionSdu

Re: [Help]How to modify the homepage

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 am

Hi UntionSdu,

Template names beginning with "core:" are found in the lib/pkp/templates directory.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby UntionSdu » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks Alec Smecher, you reply helped me a lot.
I am a Chinese student, and now I want to combine two roles,Journal Manager and Editor,into a single role named as Chief Editor(these two roles can still exist in the system,it does not matter),the Chief Editor will do the jobs of both Journal Manager and Editor. But now i am confused how to do,and I need your suggestions.
UntionSdu

Postby asmecher » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 am

Hi UntionSdu,

A single user can have multiple roles in the same journal, so if you don't mind having both roles listed e.g. in the User Home, that won't require any development; otherwise I'd suggest looking at the User Home template (templates/user/index.tpl) as that's where the user accesses most of the Manager and Editor features. (I'd suggest leaving both roles in place behind the scenes, i.e. in the code, and focusing on hiding the difference between them in the user interface.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby UntionSdu » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:03 am

Hi Alec Smecher,
Thanks for your help! I have got your point and tried it.Maybe I didn't make my question explicit because English is not my Usual Language. Actually my purpose is that when we enroll a user with roles ,there are not these two rolers in the role select option, which are replaced by the new role named ChiefEditor. In other words, my goal is to bind these two role together as a new role,all the oprations must make sure one thing, in any case, a user either got both the two roles or none of the two roles, and it is forbidden that a user keeps just one role of these two roles.
Thanks Asmecher,your help is important for me.
UntionSdu

Postby rooh » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 am

Hi UntionSdu,
i am student of master computer science. i install ojs and want to configure its publication process can you help me, i wants it publication done as following flow.
1. Author submit their paper, at the process of submission he can suggest your own reviewes, when he complete submission process,
2. The paper will go to cheif editor (This role is not available in current ojs),
3. Cheif editor check paper and also check suggest reviewers then he will assigned paper to concerned section editor,
4. section editor will assigned this paper related to concern reviewers.
5. reviewers response to section editors and section editors add comments of accept/reject and assigned to cheif editor,
6. at last cheif editor take decison and inform author about his paper for accept or review or reject.
7. if accept cheif edior will create issue and add paper in this issue,

if any one can configure above process for me kindly help me, i will be tankful to all of you,

UbaidUllah
Mardan, Pakistan
rooh

Postby asmecher » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 am

Hi all,

UbaidUllah, please don't post duplicates; we're a small team and it makes it difficult to keep the forum organized. Keep to the existing thread.

UntionSdu, there are many ways of accomplishing this modification, but some of them will cause lots of upgrade headaches because the number of modifications you'll have to make will be considerable. I would suggest allowing OJS to continue tracking two separate roles, but modifying the enrollment process so that only one of the two is shown and both are assigned when a user is given one.

You could accomplish this with a few template modifications to hide the extra options, and a modification to RoleDAO.inc.php to cause two roles to be inserted when one insert is requested.

I won't be able to guide you through this at a high level of detail, but can help with suggestions where you need them.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Development