OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OJS

Postby ryanc » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:07 am

Looking at the codes of OJS, it's complicated. Can some here give me a good starting point. What files should I look into, what modifications should I do. What I need to do is to limit pdf downloads per user , show report of download per user and ip. Thanks
ryanc

Re: OJS Paid Subscription Questions

Postby ryanc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:36 pm

OK, I look in to the database, I think the status in subscription table tells if the user has paid an individual journal subscription. I am right? My question is where in the database tells if a user has paid an article in a pay per view subscription? What is the class/functions that check if a user has a paid individual subscription of a journal or paid pay per view articles.
I read the app guidelines, but it is not clear what class/functions check if a user has paid individual journal subscription/paid pay per view article. I need to know these things. Thanks, hope someone will answer this.
ryanc

Re: OJS

Postby springday » Fri May 10, 2013 4:41 am

Hi Ryanc,

pay-per-views are not handled as subscriptions in OJS. While you found subscriptions in the DB table called "subscriptions", you'll have to take a look at the DB table "completed_payments" for information about all single-article-purchases.

The classes for handling subscriptions are to be found in the folder /classes/subscription. The function for validating access to a certain PDF file is in the file /pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php, it's called validate(). It first checks, if a user is subscriber to the journal, and if that's not the case, it checks if the article has been individually purchased.

Best regards,
Kai
springday

Return to OJS Development