OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

OJS

Postby ryanc » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:07 am

Looking at the codes of OJS, it's complicated. Can some here give me a good starting point. What files should I look into, what modifications should I do. What I need to do is to limit pdf downloads per user , show report of download per user and ip. Thanks
ryanc

Re: OJS Paid Subscription Questions

Postby ryanc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:36 pm

OK, I look in to the database, I think the status in subscription table tells if the user has paid an individual journal subscription. I am right? My question is where in the database tells if a user has paid an article in a pay per view subscription? What is the class/functions that check if a user has a paid individual subscription of a journal or paid pay per view articles.
I read the app guidelines, but it is not clear what class/functions check if a user has paid individual journal subscription/paid pay per view article. I need to know these things. Thanks, hope someone will answer this.
ryanc

Re: OJS

Postby springday » Fri May 10, 2013 4:41 am

Hi Ryanc,

pay-per-views are not handled as subscriptions in OJS. While you found subscriptions in the DB table called "subscriptions", you'll have to take a look at the DB table "completed_payments" for information about all single-article-purchases.

The classes for handling subscriptions are to be found in the folder /classes/subscription. The function for validating access to a certain PDF file is in the file /pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php, it's called validate(). It first checks, if a user is subscriber to the journal, and if that's not the case, it checks if the article has been individually purchased.

Best regards,
Kai
springday

Return to OJS Development