OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Issue reading tools

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Issue reading tools

Postby msaghaei » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:33 am

Hi

I like to know if there is a way to add some reading tools to issue TOC pages: Of particular are: Print version, Definitions and Notify colleague (i.e. Email TOC).

Regards,
Mahmoud
msaghaei

Re: Issue reading tools

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Hi Mahmoud,

We've been discussing a large-scale overhaul of the Reading Tools (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2757 -- this report also references other reports which may be of interest -- see the 'blocks' section). You bring up a good point about using RT-level items in a non-article context, which I think, given your examples, is a reasonable one. I'll discuss this with the team and get back to you on how this may be implemented in the future.

In the meantime, you may be able to replicate some of the RT options in the ToC by replicating/modifying the code ... off the top of my head, the email feature might be the easiest to start with, although I'm not sure. If you try this out, let us know how it goes, and we'll give pointers where we can.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Issue reading tools

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi Mahmoud,

I've added your comments here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3910. Again, this is one of the bug reports associated with the report I linked to earlier, and so will be taken into consideration for future development. Please feel free to Cc yourself to that report so you will receive notification of patches etc.; and also add any further comments as you see fit.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development