OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Changing Font Style of Journal Title in Site Homepage

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Changing Font Style of Journal Title in Site Homepage

Postby karnova » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:35 am

Hi,

In site homepage of OJS, it displays list of hosted journal titles (if enabled, along with description and thumbnail). By default, OJS display the journal titles in site homepage (also in user page, hosted journal page, etc., except in journal page) as UPPERCASE, for example if a journal's title is "ICT Journal", then it will be shown as "ICT JOURNAL". I need to remove this uppercase format so that the OJS display "ICT Journal" instead.
I noticed that journal title use h3 tag. I don't want to change h3 tag to other tag (for example p tag), because it will only affect one page. I couldnot find the h3 setting in common.css, ojs.css, or header.tpl. Could anyone direct me on how to restyling h3 tag? Thanks.
karnova

Re: Changing Font Style of Journal Title in Site Homepage

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:42 am

Hi karnova,

The styles that govern how headers are displayed within the #main div element are in the CSS files for the themes. If you look at your source, there is a plugins/themes/ directory with sub directories like classicBlue, classicGreen, etc. Within those directories are CSS files. If you know what theme you are using, you can make the necessary changes there.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby karnova » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:41 am

Thanks Jason. I manage to change the case in home site.
What h3 tag in templates/user/index.tpl, which css govern the style? I notice that it started with <div id="journal-{$journal->getPath()|escape}">

regards,

Daniel
karnova

Postby JasonNugent » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi Daniel,

The journal titles on the templates/user/index.tpl template are actually h4 elements. They are also defined in the theme CSS files, as #content h4 CSS rules.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby karnova » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi Jason, thanks for the help, now I manage to remove the uppercase text transformation in user/index.tpl

I also found that there is /lib/pkp/styles/common.css, which also in addition to /styles/common.css govern the style of body of a page, for example admin/journals.tpl.
Anyway, now I can manage the look of my journal better. Thanks.
karnova

Return to OJS Technical Support