OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Where is "Open Journal Systems" stored in the sett

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Where is "Open Journal Systems" stored in the sett

Postby idiopathic » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:44 pm

Hi there,
I'm sure there is a very simple answer to this but it has been driving me crazy - the title of my pages is "Open Journal Systems" and the home page shows "Open Journal Systems" in the middle of the page.

http://www.handheldsfordoctors.com/research/index.php?journal=index&page=index

I really want to change this but cannot figure out how to do so in the settings. Could you tell me which page I should be looking at or which file I should be editing? Thank you.
mohammad
idiopathic

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:54 am

Hi Mohammad,

If you've only got one journal, I'd suggest using the "journal redirect" feature to make OJS jump directly to that journal's front page. Log in as Administrator, go into Site Settings, and under Journal Redirect, choose your journal. Save the settings. Now when you go to the OJS home, you'll be taken directly to the front page for your journal.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby idiopathic » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:17 am

Thanks Alec, I had that setting switched on until yesterday as I was fiddling with different settings. (This is a beautiful system by the way I'm so pleased you guys are offering it.)

I will be adding other journals, so I need to be able to do this without the redirect, and also without "Open Journal Systems"... Any ideas?

mohammad
idiopathic

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:11 am

Hi Mohammad,

There's no way to set this title using the administration interface, but you can do so with a quick modification to a template. Insert the following line above {include file="common/header.tpl"} in templates/index/site.tpl:
Code: Select all
{assign var=pageTitleTranslated value="Put the desired title text here"}
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby idiopathic » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:28 am

Lovely, thanks very much.
mohammad
idiopathic

Return to OJS Technical Support