OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

No DOI number request for Galleys: CrossRefXMLExportPlugin

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

No DOI number request for Galleys: CrossRefXMLExportPlugin

Postby Kahraman11 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:49 am

Dear Colleagues:

For CrossRef, OJS generates correct DOI numbers for issues, abstracts, and galley PDFs and presents them in their webpages correctly; however, since there is no required code lines for the request of DOI numbers for Galley PDFs in exported crossref.XML, after uploading to their site, CrossRef does not confirm the DOI numbers for these galley PDFs and finally DOIs for galley PDFs is not correct and useless.

I filled required areas of the OJS 242 but there is no code lines in exported CrossRef XML file for the request of DOI for Galleys in spite of the settings of Journal Setup 4.2 and 4.3 sections and DOI PLUGINS SECTION. According to DOI plugin settings IT IS POSSIBLE TO PROVIDE A DOI NUMBER FOR GALLEYS. There is no code lines in exported XML file for uploading to the site of doi.crossref.org.

There is information about my settings and XML file given below:

Please select the publishing objects that will have Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) assigned:
CLICKED Issues
CLICKED Articles
CLICKED Galleys
CLICKED Supplementary Files

However, OJS shows a DOI number in the the webpages after clicking PDF link for to see galley webpage and download the galley. OJS

I would be grateful if you could provide a useful tip to solve this problem.
In our journal I cou

4.2 Publication Scheduling
Publication Schedule
Journal items can be published collectively, as part of an issue with its own Table of Contents. Alternatively, individual items can be published as soon as they are ready, by adding them to the "current" volume's Table of Contents. Provide readers, in About the Journal, with a statement about the system this journal will use and its expected frequency of publication.
Format
The journal will use the following elements to identify issues (which can be overridden for individual issues).
Volume Filled
Number Filled
Year Filled
Title Filled
Starting Point and Frequency
Set the initial issue/volume numbers and year for the first publication of the journal, as well as intended frequency for issue/volumes.
Number Filled
Volume Filled
Year Filled
Issues per volume Filled
Volumes per year Filled
Note: Leave items blank if not used with this journal, and editors can re-set numbers in the publishing process.
4.3 Identification of Journal Content
Unique Identifier
Articles and issues can be tagged with an identification number or string, employing a registration system such as the Digital Object Identifier System (DOI).
CLICKED Custom identifiers will be used to identify issues.
CLICKED Custom identifiers will be used to identify published items.
CLICKED Custom identifiers will be used to identify galleys (e.g. HTML or PDF files) for published items.
CLICKED Custom identifiers will be used to identify supplemental article files.
Page Number Option
CLICKED Page numbers for items will be calculated and entered manually in the Table of Contents (e.g., pp. 13-26).

DOI Plugin Settings

Please configure the DOI plug-in to be able to manage and use DOIs in OJS:

Journal Content * Please select the publishing objects that will have Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) assigned:
CLICKED Issues
CLICKED Articles
CLICKED Galleys
CLICKED Supplementary Files

DOI Prefix * The DOI Prefix is assigned by registration agencies (e.g. CrossRef) and is in the format 10.xxxx (e.g. 10.1234):

DOI Suffix A DOI suffix can take any form, but must be unique among all publishing objects with the same DOI prefix assigned:

Use the pattern entered below to generate DOI suffixes. Use %j for journal initials, %v for the volume number, %i for the issue number, %Y for the year, %a for the OJS article ID, %g for the OJS galley ID, %s for the OJS supplementary file ID and %p for the page number.
for issues
for articles
for galleys
for supplementary files.
For example, vol%viss%ipp%p could create a DOI such as 10.1234/vol3iss2pp230
CLICKED Use default patterns.
%j.v%vi%i for issues
%j.v%vi%i.%a for articles
%j.v%vi%i.%a.g%g for galleys
%j.v%vi%i.%a.s%s for supplementary files.
Use the "Custom Identifier" for published items as the DOI suffix (must be enabled in Step 4). This is the same identifier that will be used for public URLs.
Enter an individual DOI suffix for each published item independent and different from the "Custom Identifier" mentioned in the previous option. You'll find an additional DOI input field on each item's meta-data page.

If you change your DOI configuration, DOIs that have already been assigned will not be affected. Once the DOI configuration is saved, use this button to clear all existing DOIs so that the new settings will take effect with existing articles.

Content of Generated CrossRef XML File

<doi_batch xmlns="http://www.crossref.org/schema/4.3.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="4.3.0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.crossref.org/schema/4.3.0 http://www.crossref.org/schema/deposit/ ... f4.3.0.xsd">
<head>
<doi_batch_id>DNM_1364636745</doi_batch_id>
<timestamp>1364636745</timestamp>
<depositor>
<name>Ali Cetin II</name>
<email_address>dralicetin@gmail.com</email_address>
</depositor>
<registrant/>
</head>
<body>
<journal>
<journal_metadata>