OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Information about citation format

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Information about citation format

Postby jpaguilar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 am

My name is Juan Pablo Aguilar, Coordinator of Revista Medicina, Journal of the Faculty of Medicine of the Catholic University of Santiago of Guayaquil.

I'm writing this communication because we are implementing the OJS, to build our online version of the journal as well as to migrate to an online management and publishing platform. Currently, I'm uploading the already published editions using the QuickSubmit Plugin (QSP) through the Editor- Management interface - this is what I can try to translate since we're using the Spanish version.
We are using the OJS to get the citation index provided by ISI or Google Academics needed to create the SciELO platform and improve the quality of the Journal.

I'm communicating because I've been trying to gather information about the citation format needed for the metadata for QSP, but I've been insuccessfull so far. No information could I retrieve at all the manual available from PKP.
There no detailed information about this, or of the procedure for this plugin in the manuals avaiable.

We are enthusiastic because with the QSP and the export plugins, the workflow will be reduced and we can get that citation index very easily. But, I need the information on how to input the references- the citation format for the articles for the QSP.

So I'd really appreciate and I will be very grateful if you could help me with the citation format needed for the metadata in the QSP.

Looking forward to hearing from you asap.

Yours faithfully,

Juan Pablo Aguilar
jpaguilar

Re: Information about citation format

Postby asmecher » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:00 am

Hi Juan Pablo,

Just to make sure I'm following: are you wondering how to enter information about the resources your article cites? If so: the citation field is free-form, and you can enter content in any format. There is an optional component in OJS called the "Citation Assistant" that can help guide you through the parsing and correction of citations from that free-form field into a semantically rich, fully parsed set of citations; see Journal Setup section 3.7.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support