You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

user_settings table is marked as crashed at database

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

user_settings table is marked as crashed at database

Postby ibrahimgurler » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 am

When I am trying to log in into to ojs. The login window comes wtih a error like that "DB Error: Table '.\ojsijceas\user_settings' is marked as crashed and should be repaired". I had connect to the database and clear all of the spam registered users (about 4.000 spam users) but nothing is changed. How can I repair the user_settings. I can not login the system.

Dr. Ibrahim GURLER

Re: user_settings table is marked as crashed at database

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:33 am

Hi Ibrahim,

You'll need to connect to your database directly, and run a repair table command. You can do this in one of two ways. The first is from the command line with the mysql command, which comes with MySQL:

Connect to your MySQL server with the 'mysql' command and run:

USE your_ojs_database_name;
REPAIR TABLE user_settings;

Alternatively, from the shell become root and cd into your MySQL ojs database directory. Then run:

myisamchk -r user_settings

which should repair the table.

Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support