OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

user_settings table is marked as crashed at database

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

user_settings table is marked as crashed at database

Postby ibrahimgurler » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 am

When I am trying to log in into to ojs. The login window comes wtih a error like that "DB Error: Table '.\ojsijceas\user_settings' is marked as crashed and should be repaired". I had connect to the database and clear all of the spam registered users (about 4.000 spam users) but nothing is changed. How can I repair the user_settings. I can not login the system.

Dr. Ibrahim GURLER
ww.ijceas.com
ibrahimgurler

Re: user_settings table is marked as crashed at database

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:33 am

Hi Ibrahim,

You'll need to connect to your database directly, and run a repair table command. You can do this in one of two ways. The first is from the command line with the mysql command, which comes with MySQL:

Connect to your MySQL server with the 'mysql' command and run:

USE your_ojs_database_name;
REPAIR TABLE user_settings;

Alternatively, from the shell become root and cd into your MySQL ojs database directory. Then run:

myisamchk -r user_settings

which should repair the table.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support