OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS with SQL Server

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS with SQL Server

Postby upsam » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:59 am

Dear All,

I have been trying to install OJS v2.3.8 on win7 with IIS and SQL Server 2008 instead of MYSQL. Please let me know the steps used to complete the installation?

I get the install page and selected MSSQLServer driver and filled pass, user and host but when i click install i get "A database error has occurred: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'current'."

I have found that if the database has been created but the tables do not, ¿can anyone help me? Where can I find the script to create the tables?

My version of PHP is 5.2.17 because this is the latest version that brings the driver for SQL Server as an extension.

Regards
upsam

Re: OJS with SQL Server

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 am

Hi upsam,

Unfortunately MS SQL Server is not a database platform that we test for during development. The development team focuses on MySQL and PostgreSQL. We rely on ADODb, a third party cross-platform database library for a lot of what OJS does, and it sounds like there may be an issue with the way it creates SQL statements for MS SQL Server.

Regards
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support