OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

User Home navigation problem in OJS 2.4.1

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

User Home navigation problem in OJS 2.4.1

Postby dankomed » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Dear Team,

The following link http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2.3.1/basicsSiteNavigation.html says:
If you have already logged in, you will see a User Home link rather than the Login and Register links. Clicking this will take you to your site- or journal-specific User Home page.

Currently if I am logged in as admin, and if I am inside a journal, clicking on the User Home link leads me to the site-specific User Home page, not to the journal-specific User Home page.

I would like to fix that, so that User Home link goes to journal-specific User Home page when I am within the journal.
dankomed

Re: User Home navigation problem in OJS 2.4.1

Postby pureenergycentre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 am

I have the same issue and read the whole documentation. I could not find what I need to do to remove this.

I have also installed the OJS and it does not do this. So there is something that needs to be done somewhere. Any clue someone please?
pureenergycentre

Postby Garant » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi!
Long time ago I've discovered a small bug but forgot to post about it.
Running multijournal instance go to home directory where all journals are listed.
Enter the desired journal, press "User Home" - and you will be routed to the all listed journal's "/user" section, but not in current journal's user menu!
Garant

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi Garant,

That's intentional, though it's a subject of much debate. See e.g. http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8224. We're hoping the solution we've pioneered in OMP and will include in OJS 3.0 will be better.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Garant » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Understood.
Thank you!
asmecher wrote:Hi Garant,

That's intentional, though it's a subject of much debate. See e.g. http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8224. We're hoping the solution we've pioneered in OMP and will include in OJS 3.0 will be better.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Garant

Postby Garant » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Just a small offtopic: have you preliminary scheduled a OJS 3.0 release?
Garant

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi Garant,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/General_Software_Milestones -- the alpha release is very close, though we'll probably have to delay the beta and 3.0 full releases.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby sttis » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi,

We're on version 2.4.2 and got around this by removing journal="index" on line 16 from templates/common/navbar.tpl

Code: Select all
{if $isUserLoggedIn}
            <li id="userHome"><a href="{url journal="index" page="user"}">{translate key="navigation.userHome"}</a></li>
        {else}

Haven't noticed any issues yet...

Cheers,
Suzy
sttis

Return to OJS Technical Support