OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

The File email_templates_data.xml

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

The File email_templates_data.xml

Postby metricgravity » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi.

I have been reading the technical reference guide for OJS systems. (This guide is located at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/technicalreference/2.1/ .) The guide claims that there is a file called email_templates_data.xml located in the directory /dbscripts/xml/data/locale/[localeName]. There is no such file on my system.

The description of the file email_templates_data.xml appears in the guide at the URL http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/technicalref ... Tasks.html , under Section 7.1.

I am using Version 2.3.6 of Open Journal Systems. It appears that the online technical reference guide is for Version 2.1. Could you please let me know where to find the file (or files) with the equivalent function of email_templates_data.xml, on OJS Version 2.3.6?

Thank you,
metricgravity
metricgravity

Re: The File email_templates_data.xml

Postby JasonNugent » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Hi metricgravity,

The location for the email templates message payloads is now in the locale directory, for each locale. So, for English it would be in locale/en_US/emailTemplates.xml

Note that if you make changes to that file you'll need to reload your email templates since OJS stores those templates in the database once a locale is enabled.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support