OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Custom Locale Plugin

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Custom Locale Plugin

Postby epsuiriv » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Custom Locale Plugin has broken after upgrate from 2.3.7 to 2.4.1.
I can enable and disable this plugin but when I try to customize locale I get error:
PHP Fatal Error: Call to a member function getAuthorizedContext() on non-object in /home/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php on line 163

Please help me to returm my customizations.

Yours,
Mamun
epsuiriv

Re: Custom Locale Plugin

Postby michael » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi Mamun,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I'll try to reproduce the error on a local install and will follow-up with you shortly.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby FilipBenco » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 am

Hi,

is there any progress? I'm getting the same error.

I was trying to fix it by myself, but unfortunately without success..

PS. including whole stacktrace

ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: assert(): Assertion failed In file: /ojs/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php At line: 162 Stacktrace: File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, "assert(): Assertion failed", "/data/www/www.phil.muni.cz/journals/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php", 162, Array(0)) File: /ojs/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php line 162 Function: assert(False) File: /ojs/lib/pkp/classes/handler/validation/HandlerValidatorPolicy.inc.php line 40 Function: PKPHandler->getAuthorizedContext() File: /ojs/lib/pkp/classes/handler/PKPHandler.inc.php line 330 Function: HandlerValidatorPolicy->isValid() File: /ojs/plugins/generic/customLocale/CustomLocaleHandler.inc.php line 37 Function: PKPHandler->validate() File: /ojs/plugins/generic/customLocale/CustomLocalePlugin.inc.php line 131 Function: CustomLocaleHandler->index() File: /ojs/pages/manager/PluginHandler.inc.php line 87 Function: CustomLocalePlugin->manage("index", Array(0), Null, Null, Object(Request)) File: (unknown) line (unknown) Function: PluginHandler->plugin(Array(3), Object(Request)) File: /ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php line 370 Function: call_user_func(Array(2), Array(3), Object(Request)) File: /ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 266 Function: PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array(2), Object(Request), Array(3), False) File: /ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 133 Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 189 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /ojs/index.php line 63 Function: PKPApplication->execute()
FilipBenco

Postby michael » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Mamun and Filip,

I've filed this as a bug with a fix here.

Can you please try applying the patch attached to the bug report above and confirm whether this fixes the issue for you?

Thanks,
Michael
michael

Postby marchitelli » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:44 am

Hi Michael,
I found the same bug. Applying the patches doesn't change the situation.

When I save the new translation strings, I get no errors and the strings are saved (I see these new strings in the plugin pages) but the interface were not updated.

Andrea
marchitelli

Postby michael » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi Andrea,

Can you please try clearing your template cache and reloading the pages in question to see if that resolves the issue for you?

Thanks,
Michael
michael

Postby marchitelli » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi Michael,
I found little differences between my files and files just downloaded by PKP site.
I corrected these differences and now it works.
Thanks!
andrea
marchitelli

Return to OJS Technical Support