OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DataCite DOI plugin blocker error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

DataCite DOI plugin blocker error

Postby marchitelli » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:05 am

Hi,
since yesterday we verified that DataCite DOI registration is not working.

MDS API get an error saying "412 Precondition failed - metadata must be uploaded first". I think that the explication is that, until January 7 you could create DOIs before (or whitout) sending metadata too, but now you must to create DOIs only after uploading metadata for the article.

Note that MDS documentation ever stated that you have to send metadata with the DOI create request, but you still create DOIS with any metadata.
Now the API works only as described in the docs.

Another question :)
When I register articles, I ever get "is Ref Quality = false".
Do you know why?

Cheers,
Andrea
marchitelli

Re: DataCite DOI plugin blocker error

Postby jerico » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Andrea,

we are aware of the problem. It is due to an API change on the side of Datacite that was announced some time ago but we didn't know about it. Sorry!

A bug fix will be released within the next days.

Florian
jerico

Re: DataCite DOI plugin blocker error

Postby jerico » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:49 am

I just made a pull request with the patch. As soon as the pull request has been accepted by PKP, you'll be notified with a link to the patch.
jerico

Return to OJS Technical Support