OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reading tools missing after 2.2.2 to 2.3.8 upgrade

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Reading tools missing after 2.2.2 to 2.3.8 upgrade

Postby doana » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2.3.8. After the upgrade the reading tools are not rendering in the right sidebar when viewing an article.

I can see that the reading tools are listed under the block plugins, although there doesn't seem to be a way to enable / disable the plugin from here. Also, if you go to the journal manager there is an administration page for the reading tools. I have enabled the reading tools by checking the 'Enable Reading Tools for designated sections of journal' checkbox in the reading tools options page. On the reading tools admin page it states 'Reading tools: Enabled'.

I have run php tools/upgrade.php upgrade. I have also cleared the template cache.

Still, the reading tools do not show up when viewing articles,

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue?

Thanls for your help,
-Adam
doana

Re: Reading tools missing after 2.2.2 to 2.3.8 upgrade

Postby doana » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 pm

I added a var_dump to dump the $plugins array in the register function of lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php around line 67. From this, I can see that the plugin is only registered on the plugin management pages (manager/plugins and manager/plugins/blocks).

This (http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8794&p=34831&hilit=php+tools%2Fupgrade.php+upgrade#p34831) suggests that I should be running php tools/upgrade.php upgrade but I've already done that.
doana

Postby crlsgms » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:52 am

I have this same issue, is there a way to fix the readint tools block, or somewhere to download it and update on the ojs portal?

my portal is http://ojs.franca.unesp.br/
crlsgms

Postby doana » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 am

Hi crisgms,

The solution to my problem was actually very simple. I felt quite foolish for spending so much effort on it. After digging through the code, it became clear that somewhere there was a configuration option control block visibility on a per journal basis. Eventually, I found it:

In OJS, go to your journal manager, then click 'Setup'. On the setup page, click 'The Look'. Once that page loads, scroll down to section 5.6 Journal Layout and assign your reading tools block to your desired region.

Hopefully that helps!
-Adam
doana

Return to OJS Technical Support