OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

LDAPAuthPlugin.inc.php on line 239

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

LDAPAuthPlugin.inc.php on line 239

Postby Albert » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Hello There,
I tried to login on to the journal as a user and after entering user name and password, I got this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function ldap_connect() in /home/html/ojs/plugins/auth/ldap/LDAPAuthPlugin.inc.php on line 239
I thought that it could be the response to a wrong password. I reset the password and still when I try to login with the new password that was sent to me, I keep getting the same error.
I am also the Journal Manager and I remember that I got also this same error due to a wrong password. After I set up a new password I was able to login without problem.
How can fix this problem now?
Thanks,
Albert

Re: LDAPAuthPlugin.inc.php on line 239

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Albert,

You are attempting to use LDAP authentication without LDAP support in your PHP installation. Unless you actually want to use LDAP, I would suggest disabling LDAP authentication as Site Administrator.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support