OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Custom Theme Plugin problem

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Custom Theme Plugin problem

Postby nef » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi
Today I made a speciel Custom Theme Plugin for one of our new journals. Unfortunately the Custom Theme Plugin replaced all the other Custom Theme Plugins I've made for some of our other journals. How can that happen, and how do I make a clear separation between the journals Custom Theme Plugin.
Regards
NEF
nef

Re: Custom Theme Plugin problem

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi NEF,

Unfortunately that plugin only supports one custom theme per site, meaning that if you modify it from one journal, you'll affect other journals that use it. A way to work around that is to save the custom.css file that the plugin generates and upload it on page 5 of that journal's Setup page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nef » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks, but how do I save custom.css file?
Funny, but some time ago I'm sure I could make different Custom Themes Plugins for each journal, or am I wrong?
Regards
NEF
nef

Postby nef » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:05 am

I have found out how to save the custom.css, but still, are you sure that the plugin affects all journals on the site? If so each journal manager is able to affect those journals that runs the plugin.
Regards
nef

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi NEF,

I've filed this at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8071; feel free to CC yourself to that entry so that you'll be notified when its status changes.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Garant » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:21 am

Hi!
I receive this error after two files update:
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Call to undefined method CustomThemePlugin::getRequest() in /var/www/html/ojs/plugins/themes/custom/CustomThemePlugin.inc.php on line 56
Garant

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:13 am

Hi Garant,

Your version of OJS is too old to work with that patch directly. If you change the line mentioned in the error message so that...
$this->getRequest()->getJournal()
...reads instead...
Request::getJournal()
...that will solve the problem. You may need to make similar changes to other parts of that class.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Garant » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:28 am

Hi!
Thank you for your reply!
I will try this.
P.S. I'm running 2.3.8 version
Garant

Return to OJS Technical Support