OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS indexing every file and even reviewer comments

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS indexing every file and even reviewer comments

Postby miguelbraga » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:39 am

Dear Support Team,

Last night we've found out that our OJS is being indexed, and by that i mean every content, files (.docs and .pdf's), reviewer comments, etc., on to Google.
I can understand that some of the areas might be indexed but the entire file structure? Can you please tell me how to stop the article indexing at least?
Not only for security reasons but also because this could lead to other serious plagiarizing issues.
I hope to hear from you soon.

P.S.: Do you think that having a digital certificate might help us solve this problem? Even if not, do you believe that we should aquire one?

Best regards,
Miguel Braga
miguelbraga

Re: OJS indexing every file and even reviewer comments

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:05 am

Hi Miguel,

Google will crawl and index what it can find. You can create a robots.txt file in the top of your OJS web directory that should contain rules that you do not wish robots and crawlers to index. Have a look here: http://www.robotstxt.org/

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support