OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Handling an IP Address with a wildcard and a IP Prefix

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Handling an IP Address with a wildcard and a IP Prefix

Postby Doki » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:17 am

All,

Does anyone know off the top of their head the proper way to add a ip address of the following form to an institutional account?

nnn.nnn.nnn.*/24

The above doesn't work, nor does nnn.nnn.nnn/24 (the "proper" format if I understand correctly). Other forms of it work but I'm afraid that they don't catch the entire meaning of the above and thus won't work as intended. Thanks.
Doki

Re: Handling an IP Address with a wildcard and a IP Prefix

Postby jheckman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 am

Hey Doki,

It should be either the xxx.xxx.xxx.* or xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24

* is a wildcard that means anything and 0/24 is the CIDR short hand for 1 through 255.

See if that helps.

~Jason
University of Pittsburgh
jheckman

Re: Handling an IP Address with a wildcard and a IP Prefix

Postby Doki » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks! I'll give it a try -- if I have any further issue I'll post again (if you see nothing assume I'm good :) )
Doki

Return to OJS Technical Support