OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Postgres-problems with OJS Betaversion 2.4.1.0

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postgres-problems with OJS Betaversion 2.4.1.0

Postby cramby » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 am

We installed this version on a testmachine for testing the URN-plugin.
The good news: the plugin is working very well and does what it´s supposed to do without any problems.

I know this is a betaversion but we had some problems with Postgres ver 9.1.2, during installation and with uploading articles.
Maybe the betaversion hasn´t been tested with Postgres yet but here are our problems:

During installation:
there´s a column: file_stage that contains the text "temp" but the this column should be numerical, according to Postgres.
review_assignment and review_round_id has value "null" but should not be null, according to Postgres.

Article upload:
when submitting an article we get a: DB Error: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
I think we´ve had these problems before with Postgres handling empty values different from MySQL.

Also, maybe this is under development still, but:
the PDF-viewer window shows only a very small portion of the PDF in Safari, Explorer and nothing at all in Firefox.

Regards

Gösta Cramby
cramby

Re: Postgres-problems with OJS Betaversion 2.4.1.0

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am

Hi Gösta,

there´s a column: file_stage that contains the text "temp" but the this column should be numerical, according to Postgres.
The "temp" value is temporarily assigned to the filename, original file name, and file type columns during file creation, but I'm not sure how it could make its way into the file_stage column. Could you describe what you do to cause this error, and post a stack trace (generated with the show_stacktrace option turned on in config.inc.php)?
review_assignment and review_round_id has value "null" but should not be null, according to Postgres.
Likewise, could you post a stack trace?
when submitting an article we get a: DB Error: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Likewise, could you post a stack trace?
Also, maybe this is under development still, but:
the PDF-viewer window shows only a very small portion of the PDF in Safari, Explorer and nothing at all in Firefox.
Could you post a screenshot? I'm not sure whether this is intended behavior or not, judging by the description.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby marchitelli » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:50 am

Hi Alec,
I have the same problem with the pdfObject visualization in Firefox:
This is an OJS 2.4.1

Andrea
marchitelli

Postby cramby » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:58 am

Hi Alex
I am sorry, we had to go back to the previous version and now we don´t have the time to do the installation process again.
So, I will come back with the stack traces in the beginning of next year.

As for the problem with the PDF-view - it looks exactly as the post from marchitelli.

All the best

Gösta
cramby

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi Andrea and Gösta,

Could either of you send me credentials for a login that allows me to view an article with the PDF embedding issue? Andrea, looking for example at http://riviste.unimi.it/index.php/aristonothos/article/view/569/761, the embed seems to work on my Firefox. Is it only certain articles?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby marchitelli » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:27 am

Hi Alec,
I just emailed you an access to that journal.
Andrea
marchitelli

Postby davidp » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi,

Any progress with the issue of the tiny PDF viewer window? We're using version 2.3.8.0. at http://lthe.zu.ac.ae . Is there any way we could edit the existing version to enlarge the PDF viewer window? Or do we need to upgrade?

Thanks,
David
davidp

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi David,

I suspect you've got some CSS customizations that are causing the problem. For example, styles/articleView.css in your installation doesn't appear to be the file from OJS 2.3.8.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support