OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DB: duplicate key entry '23' for key 'PRIMARY'

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: DB: duplicate key entry '23' for key 'PRIMARY'

Postby paul » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Alec,

The change worked. Thanks.

Paul
paul

Postby paul » Wed May 22, 2013 3:51 pm

I am still having problem with upgrading from 2.3.3 to 2.4.2. Here is what I did and got:

1) Full package file upgrading
2) run php tools/upgrade.php upgrade to upgrade database. The output is shown in the image below. It doesn't say whether the database upgrade is successful or not.

upgrade_output.jpg
upgrade_output.jpg (602.09 KiB) Viewed 238 times

3) I checked the database with phpMyadmin. The database number increased from 98 to 112.
4) Following files in the old database were renamed to filename_old: articles_old, article_galleys_old, issues_old, published_articles_old. The corresponding files in the new database are all empty.
5) When I view the website, everything looks fine except there is no articles.
6) I renamed table articles to articles_e and articles_old to articles, ...... Issues and articles are displayed correctly.
7) I have to stress that there are differences between these 2.4.2 and 2.3.3 tables in terms of number of columns and column names. This may create problems when new contents are added to the website.
8) I checked the OJS version by going to about/About this publishing system. I found "This journal uses Open Journal Systems 2.3.3.0 ......"
9) I went back to the database and checked the version table. The version table did not get updated at all.

Here is my question: I have 2.4.2 files, and my database is upgraded to some degree. Is my OJS 2.4.2? Looking at the image above, I noticed the version numbers stop at 2.3.7. Does it mean anything?

Thank you.

Paul
paul

Postby asmecher » Wed May 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately no, that doesn't look like a completed upgrade. Typically when an upgrade fails there's an error message, but I don't see anything of the sort there; have you checked your PHP configuration to see where error messages are sent? (Try inspecting your config using "php -i" -- just looking for the php.ini config file can be misleading, because there is sometimes one file for command-line and another for web-based PHP access.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby paul » Thu May 23, 2013 2:07 pm

I didn't see anything interesting in the error log.

I was able to upgrade from 2.3.3 to 2.3.8 but had similar problem with upgrading from 2.3.8 to 2.4.0 and above. I have tried many things but none worked. I gave up. Hope upgrading to V3 is smooth.

Thanks.

Paul
paul

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support