I am still having problem with upgrading from 2.3.3 to 2.4.2. Here is what I did and got:
1) Full package file upgrading
2) run php tools/upgrade.php upgrade to upgrade database. The output is shown in the image below. It doesn't say whether the database upgrade is successful or not.
3) I checked the database with phpMyadmin. The database number increased from 98 to 112.
4) Following files in the old database were renamed to filename_old: articles_old, article_galleys_old, issues_old, published_articles_old. The corresponding files in the new database are all empty.
5) When I view the website, everything looks fine except there is no articles.
6) I renamed table articles to articles_e and articles_old to articles, ...... Issues and articles are displayed correctly.
7) I have to stress that there are differences between these 2.4.2 and 2.3.3 tables in terms of number of columns and column names. This may create problems when new contents are added to the website.
I checked the OJS version by going to about/About this publishing system. I found "This journal uses Open Journal Systems 220.127.116.11 ......"
9) I went back to the database and checked the version table. The version table did not get updated at all.
Here is my question: I have 2.4.2 files, and my database is upgraded to some degree. Is my OJS 2.4.2? Looking at the image above, I noticed the version numbers stop at 2.3.7. Does it mean anything?