OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

question about search

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

question about search

Postby Joesitou » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:04 am

Dear everybody,

I setup a OJS in version 2.3.7 and import article and keyword......

I would like to ask why I use some keyword successfully to output article, but use some keyword not to output article.

all keywords that I use to search are indexed.

Thanks anyone help me
Best Regards,

Joesitou
Joesitou

Re: question about search

Postby Joesitou » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:25 pm

I also want to add some information.

The keywords are indexed in Chinese.
Hope everybody help me

Best Regards,
Joesitou
Joesitou

Re: question about search

Postby springday » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:09 am

Hi Joesitou,

are you speaking about the "subjects" for the articles, as imported in the native article-XML element <subject>? Or are you referring to the indexing of the abstracts and full-text search keywords?

If you have problems with the full-text and abstract keyword indexing, you might find some information here:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4283

The keyword indexing function of OJS is not very suitable for indexing content in Chinese, because it relies on spacing between words, which is not common in Chinese. Therefore it would usually index long phrases or even whole sentences, if you're using it for Chinese.
Maybe you would also like to have a look at the new Lucene plugin to expand indexing and full-text search capabilities:
https://github.com/jerico-dev/ojs/tree/dev-stable/plugins/generic/lucene
This Lucene plugin comes with OJS 2.4.x. I believe this will handle Chinese language content better.

Regards,
Kai Weber (韦博开)
springday

Return to OJS Technical Support