OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to use ojs:// to link files

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to use ojs:// to link files

Postby sanchitgangwar » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 pm

I want to link supplementary files to the article. I read in some threads that I can use ojs:// to refer to the supplementary files.

How can I do that? What is the syntax? I guess we need article ID and file ID, how do I get those values?
sanchitgangwar

Re: How to use ojs:// to link files

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:07 am

Hi sanchitgangwar,

The syntax for using ojs:// urls depends on what you want to link to. You can look at the function which parses the URL in classes/article/ArticleHTMLGalley.inc.php called '_handleOjsUrl'. For supplementary files, you'd use a link like: suppfile/articleId/suppId. You can get the articleId and suppId by looking at the URLs when you are viewing an article or a supplementary file.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support