I just wanted to say a huge THANKYOU to piotreba for posting this:
piotreba wrote:Ok, the case is not so serious...
Just simple UPDATE SQL statement was needed, maybe will be helpful for others:
UPDATE `pre_ojs_update_db`.`article_email_log`, `post_ojs_update_db`.`email_log` SET `post_ojs_update_db`.`email_log`.`assoc_id` = `pre_ojs_update_db`.`article_email_log`.`article_id` WHERE `post_ojs_update_db`.`email_log`.`log_id` = `pre_ojs_update_db`.`article_email_log`.`log_id`
I didn't realize you could query across databases in MySQL and thought I was done for when I encountered this problem this afternoon.
For what it's worth, it looks like the assoc_id field in my pre_update db had plenty of nulls and these were transferred as-is to the new db, ignoring the article_id field and resulting in very strange behaviour.
This was supposedly patched so If you're interested in the migration script I used and the databases let me know.