OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to apply the same style on all articles?

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to apply the same style on all articles?

Postby Ojser » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:57 am

Hi,

I'm just wondering about the style that all articles should respect in OJS. Is there a way to automatically apply the same styles and format (page setup, margin, section styles,..) on articles, or this should be done in a third part tool (plugin, text editor "word,..etc") ?

Thanks

Regards,
Ojser
Ojser

Re: How to apply the same style on all articles?

Postby Garant » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:30 am

Hi!
You can upload custom css file in journal manager (step 5) and apply all custom rules to the article classes.
Only article's font family should be changed in one of the system's css file.
Garant

Postby Ojser » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks Garant,

Actually, I meant in the PDF file!
How to apply the same layout (journal title, margin under titles, margins between titles and authors names, affiliation,...between abstract and the introduction...etc.).
This can be done manually but it's time consuming and it will not be the same all time, as we may make mistakes here or there! So, an automatic solution may be a good alternative!
Take a look at PDF articles published professional editors, you will see that articles always appear with the same layout (margins, blank space between sections, different fonts and sizes for different sections..etc)!
They should use a template for that, shouldn't they?

Regards,
Ojser
Ojser

Postby Garant » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 am

Hi!
I tried to google and found that PDF could be customized and exported with CSS.
PDF is almost a XML file... So I thing it should be some software to customize PDF
Garant

Return to OJS Technical Support