OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Error in SuppFileForm.inc.php (OJS 2.4)

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Error in SuppFileForm.inc.php (OJS 2.4)

Postby springday » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:54 pm

I've run into an error when trying to add a supplementary file to a published article. I started out from the page associated with the URL [journal]/editor/submission/[articleId] and clicked "Add supplementary file" (URL [journal]/editor/addSuppFile/[articleID]?from=submission). I received the following PHP error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getData() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs\classes\plugins\PubIdPluginHelper.inc.php on line 51

The PubIdPluginHelper is called from line 178 of SuppeFileForm.inc.php:

Code: Select all
$pubIdPluginHelper->init($this, $suppFile);

$suppFile is not defined at this stage, because I was trying to add a new supplementary file.
springday

Re: Error in SuppFileForm.inc.php (OJS 2.4)

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 am

Hi Kai,

I've filed this bug against OJS 2.4 as

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7868

And included a patch there against OJS 2.4. Can you verify that this patch solves your issue? If it does, I will commit and close.

Thanks for reporting,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Re: Error in SuppFileForm.inc.php (OJS 2.4)

Postby springday » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:20 am

Hi Jason,

yes, moving those four lines up did the job, I can now add supplementary files without encountering an error message. Thanks a lot!

Kai
springday

Return to OJS Technical Support