OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OA article galleys redirect to index after upgrade to 2.3.7

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OA article galleys redirect to index after upgrade to 2.3.7

Postby sweidman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi all.

I tried to upgrade a 2.2.0 journal instance to 2.3.7 but was forced to downgrade it again when I encountered problems. Here is the link to the restored 2.2 version:

http://cjprt.uwinnipeg.ca

Before the upgrade, an unauthenticated user could click the link to the pdf galley for an article, and it would display. e.g. any article listed in the articles section

http://cjprt.uwinnipeg.ca/index.php/cjprt/issue/current

After the upgrade, clicking an article's galley link (as anonymous or with the Reader role) silently redirects to the journal's index page.

The files can nevertheless be viewed as Journal Manager.

I tried to dig into the problem and found that in the validate function (pages/article/ArticleHandler.inc.php:458), the test:
Code: Select all
      if ($issue && $issue->getPublished() && $publishedArticle->getStatus() == STATUS_PUBLISHED) {

fails on getStatus(). Instead of STATUS_PUBLISHED (3), it returns 1, which is (if I'm reading things correctly) STATUS_QUEUED. This causes execution to skip down to the else clause of the if statement at line 531:

Code: Select all
      } else {
         $request->redirect(null, 'index');
      }

which does the redirection. I can short circuit the whole thing by calling setStatus(STATUS_PUBLISHED) just before the if statement at line 458, but that hardly seems like the right solution.

Does anyone know why the 2.2.0->2.3.7 upgrade would cause this to happen? Could I just fix it by setting articles.status to 3 for the articles that are currently set to 1? It looks as if the articles in question have already been through the publication workflow.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Syd Weidman
sweidman

Return to OJS Technical Support