OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Change Email Templates "Sender"

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Change Email Templates "Sender"

Postby behz4d » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 am

Hello,

I want to change the sender for some email templates, for example, after the user signs up(USER REGISTER), the email should be sent from "xxxxxx@mydomain.com" for him, and for some other templates like "COPYEDIT AUTHOR ACK" the email should be sent from "yyyyyy@mydomain.com".

How I could change the sender for email templates?

I would appreciate any help regarding this issue.

Regards,
behz4d

Re: Change Email Templates "Sender"

Postby Ojser » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Did your other problem has been solved?
It's always a good practice to state it to help other users having same or similar problem.
For your problem here, why not to just add a signature below your template email showing it as a copyeditor email?
For example, in your template email:

Bla bla bla....
Bla bla bla...
Mister XYZ, Copyediteur - blablajournal.com
Ojser

Re: Change Email Templates "Sender"

Postby behz4d » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:50 am

Hello Ojser,

I have updated the other topic regarding the email templates problem, the reason for that problem was dumb, that was why I had not updated the topic yet, but I just did.

For this problem, I need to configure the journal for an organization which has prepared a list of updates that I need to apply on the journal, and they asked for sending emails from different departments, changing the signature doesn't help me here...

any other solutions for this?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Behzad

P.S: I guess that would be so easy to change the sender of the emails, I just need to know where the OJS is loading them from, I checked the database tables, they just stored the email template names, texts etc, and not the sender, so the question is where the OJS is loading the "Sender" value for email templates.
behz4d

Return to OJS Technical Support