OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS still using "default" text for prepared emails [Solved]

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS still using "default" text for prepared emails [Solved]

Postby behz4d » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:50 am

Hello,

We're gonna use our own text for emails so we've edited the email contents through "Prepared Emails" section, but after saving the new template, OJS is still using the default content for sending emails, and not the new ones.

I checked the database, "email_templates_data" table has the new content of emails which we recently updated, and "email_templates_default_data" has the old ones, but still, OJS seems to be using "email_templates_default_data" for sending emails since we receive the emails with the old text and content.

Why OJS is using "default" content for prepared emails instead of the edited email templates?

P.S: Please kindly note that this happens only for few of the emails and other ones use the edited and new emails.

I would really appreciate any kind of help regarding this issue.

Kind regards,
Behzad
Last edited by behz4d on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
behz4d

Re: OJS still using "default" text for prepared emails

Postby Ojser » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:16 am

From which page/file you edit the prepared emails?
Ojser

Postby behz4d » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:42 am

After logging in with administrator account, User Home > Journal Management > Prepared Emails
behz4d

Postby Ojser » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:18 pm

I've got a similar problem that was solved when I edited the email in the "emailtemplate.xml" file.
Try to clear caches, re-login and re-edit, it may be a temporal bug!
Ojser

Postby behz4d » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:18 am

Just noticed an unbelievable thing!!! after I even changed the default email template data, still, email text are loading from nowhere! I changed the data for template "USER_REGISTER" both in "email_templates_data" and also "email_templates_default_data", but still, after a user register himself with the journal, he gets another email loading from nowhere!

How is this possible, anybody knows where I need to look at?

Please kindly let me know.

Kind regards,
Behzad
behz4d

Postby Ojser » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:32 am

What do you mean by "nowhere" ?
Just in case, did you set up contact and administrative information for your journal?
Go to Journal Manager>Setup>Details
Fill in at least the required information (denoted with asterisk; principal contact,..etc..) and check if this solve the issue.

Regards,
Ojser

Postby asmecher » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 am

Hi all,

When the system is installed, the email templates are loaded from the XML file into the database. After that the XML file is not used anymore. If you want to reset your email templates to the version supplied in the XML files, go to the "Languages" page as Site Administrator and use the "Reload Locale" button for that language. If you've modified your email templates using the Journal Manager's "Prepared Emails" tool, those modifications will still take precedence; you can use the "Reset" or "Reset All Templates" links from the "Prepared Emails" page.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby behz4d » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:46 am

Hello,

The problem was with the edited sources of OJS, I'm reconfiguring an installed OJS, I checked the source files, the person who was in charge of journal before me edited the OJS source codes by hand, so he was using simple php mail() function and commented OJS "mail -> send()" functions, so that was the reason why I could not found the email templates are loading from, he was sending emails using his own texts and subjects...

Thanks for all helps

Regards,
Behzad
behz4d

Return to OJS Technical Support