You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Lib/PKP/Templates or home/templates

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Lib/PKP/Templates or home/templates

Postby SebMacV » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Hello all

Please bear with me - I'm a journal editor who has adventurously (or foolishly) taken on the challenge of modifying an OJS install. I've some understanding of the web-technologies, but am still feeling my way around in the dark. I'm really impressed with the way some journals have customised their installations, and am hoping we might achieve the same after I learn how this works.

I'm trying to figure out which template files feed the HTML output content, and noticed that similarly named templates live at two locations: Lib/PKP/Templates, and a lot more in home/Templates. Which of these do I change? I'm looking, for instance, to move the navbar on top of header, rather than under. I suppose I've got a similar query about styles. Which css files do I modify? Lib/PKP/Styles, or home/Styles.

I have looked through the forum but couldn't find an answer. Sorry if this has been covered before (I assume so!)

Thanks, Sebastiaan

Return to OJS Technical Support