OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

user_interests table is missing - urgent

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

user_interests table is missing - urgent

Postby kavikgb » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:07 am

Hi,

We migrated the OJS from one server to another including the Database. After migration noticed the User_Interest table was missing from the sql dump which in turn not displaying the Reviewers Interest in the select reviewers page. As per the person who is responsible for taking sql dump says that he sent all the data. I am person who is responsible to set up the new system could see the empty User_Interest table in the OJS database which is created by OJS installation and no data as the dump did not have.

Configuration of existed OJS system

OJS 2.3.6
My SQL 5.0.77
PHP 5.2.1
IIS V6.0 in Windows Server

Configuration of New OJS system.

OJS 2.3.7
My SQL 5.5
php 5.3.10
Apache2.2 in Linux Server

My question here is

1. Does the change in environment of OJS installation is the cause of the problem?
2. Is that User_interest is a new table upgraded(added) in OJS 2.3.7?
3. Is there any way the User_Interest table is restricted while taking the dump?

Pls answer to me as soon as possible. Its very urgent & critical.

Thank you,
kavitha
kavikgb

Re: user_interests table is missing - urgent

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi kavitha,

There were schema changes between 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 -- my suggestion would be to make sure that you have an adequate backup of your entire OJS site and make sure that schema changes have been applied by running:

Code: Select all
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

from your base OJS installation directory. That will upgrade your schema to 2.3.7. It sounds like you already have the 2.3.7 OJS codebase, so this would be a necessary step anyway.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby kavikgb » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:33 pm

HI Janson,

Since it is a migrating project, I installed OJS 2.3.7 in server first, then got the sql dump & OJS files from the other team to execute the dump & placed the files in proper folder.
1. Do you mean executing the OJS 2.3.6 dump in the OJS 2.3.7 DB will not fit directly?
2. Can I cannot directly migrate the OJS 2.3.6 project to OJS 2.3.7? If I need to migrate directly, What are steps to be taken?

Kavitha
kavikgb

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:28 pm

HI Kavitha,

No, a 2.3.6 database dump will not work with a 2.3.7 install. You need to run the command I pasted in my reply above, on the *new* server. It will upgrade your 2.3.6 database to 2.3.7.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby kavikgb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Janson,

I tried ruining the command you pasted to upgrade the DB, but got the below warning & error.

Received the same warning several times: Warning: Date():It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of these methods and you still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected' America/Chiago' for '-5.0/DST' instead

In file :....\ojs\lib\pkp\lasses\ore\ore.in.php

And Error is : Upgraded failed: DB: Incorrect string value : '\xE4\xB8\....\...\..' for the column subject at row1.

But it looks like the upgrade worked in DB. Because the User_Interest table is loaded which was not prior to command ran. But not sure

1. Do I need to consider this Warning & Error? If yes, how to fix it?
2. When I looked in to the OJS upgrade process, it says that I need to apply the bug fix patches but I assume since I installed the OJS 2.3.7 intailly and just wanted the OJS DB 2.3.6 to fit OJS Db 2.3.7, I no need to run those bug fix patches and only to upgrade the DB side. Am I right?
3. If only by running DB upgrade does not work, what would be your suggestion?

Thank you,
Kavitha
kavikgb

Postby kavikgb » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:56 am

HI,
I fixed those warning by setting timezone in php.ini file. Need to know the fix for the error which I pasted in below post.

thank you
kavitha
kavikgb

Postby kavikgb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi,

I solved the error by setting Connection_charset & Database_charset to off from utf8 in config.inc.php file in the Test Environment. Since the DB tables are in latin1 charset, it has conflicted to run the DB upgrade.
My question here is

1. This is a OJS migration project. As I mentioned in my previous post, the set up of both system is different (OJS 2.3.6 to 2.3.7, Windows to Linux, & other PHP MYSQL version difference). Wanted to know whether my process is right from the beginning. Let me explain what I did
a. I installed the OJS 2.3.7 in our server.
b. Copied the Journal files & executed the sql dump.
c. Going to upgrade the DB tomorrow Since I know it has to be upgraded after talking to you.
Is this process right for migration?

2. Should I need to copy the config file settings from the old system? If yes, what are the setting should I need to concentrate on?

3. Is there any more files I need to copy from old system?

4. What would be the format/status of Data entered in last of couple of days as there was difference in charset between the OJS system & DB? Is there any way these data will be affected or lost after I run the DB upgrade?

5. What are steps I need to be aware of before running the DB upgrade tomorrow.

Please reply to me at the earliest as I need to run the DB upgrade asap.

Thank you,
Kavitha
kavikgb

Return to OJS Technical Support