OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Import Articles with an Offset

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Import Articles with an Offset

Postby lednakashim » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 pm

My OJS 3.3.4 database has some kind of minor bug and I cannot replace galleys of papers less then a certain number. This makes me sad and I fully intent to blame somebody else.

The export plug-in seems to work and I want to import/export 3 volumes of the journal.

When I import the articles the article number (pii) is registered sequentially. This is rather unfortunate (It should register whatever I exported!) but it still workable as for various databases I plan on using a php redirect that does old#->new#. Because our journal rejects papers, I expect the old# to be greater then the new#. We use the article numbers for various archiving services.

At this stage it is not possible to change the old article numbers as they have been registered with various archiving agencies.

My problem happens when I am planning for the next batch of papers. I want to avoid a naming collision by offsetting the article numbers. For example, 897 cannot be an article ID for both a newly published paper and a paper published a few months ago. By naming collision I mean any new articles should not have the same number as any old numbers.

1. How can I offset the article numbers? Perhaps create hundreds of dummy entries?
2. Is there some hack for DB version 3.4.7.0?
3. Is there a way I can import/export article IDs?
lednakashim

Return to OJS Technical Support