OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

The missing (invisible?) files in translator plugin

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

The missing (invisible?) files in translator plugin

Postby Ajakss » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:36 am

Dear,

I would like to correct my translation using translator plugin but I do not see any files to edit. It concerns each file in the translator plugin section.

I tried to correct the file manually but the effect was still worse. After correcting the user.xml file I have got a lot messages
##user.username##
##user.password##
##user.login.forgotPassword##
etc

I have restored the original file but no effect. I do not know if the problem is related to upgrading from 2.3.3-3 to 2.3.7 version. I would be very appreciated for your help what I should do in order to restore original view.

Kind regards,

Adam
Attachments
image1.jpg
image1.jpg (46.5 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Ajakss

Re: The missing (invisible?) files in translator plugin

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:11 am

Hi Adam,

There's most likely a typo in that file that's preventing the translator plugin from reading it. (Alternately, check your file permissions.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Ajakss » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:34 am

Hi Alec,

thank you for reply. I have checked the permissions, but no effect. Could you tell me where I should look for this typo?

Kind regards,

Adam
Ajakss

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:36 am

Hi Adam,

The best thing to do is use an XML validator to check your XML files. I use xmllint on a Linux platform; most XML editors will have validators built into them.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Ajakss » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi Alec,

I have validated xml files. It seems they are correct.

Kind regards,

Adam
Ajakss

Postby asmecher » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Adam,

If the files validate (make sure you're validating against the DTD, not just as a valid XML file) and your file permissions allow the PHP scripts to access them, then the next thing I would suggest is looking through your changes (e.g. as a .diff file) to see if anything leaps out at you as a potential cause.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support