OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

blank home page after upgrade to Php 5.3.13

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

blank home page after upgrade to Php 5.3.13

Postby bltmonty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:21 am

After the server that hosts my journals was upgraded to Php 5.3.13, the home page and all pages for the journals are blank or untitled, with no error messages, nothing. I am running OJS 2.3.5, and I am hosting two separate journals, and they same thing happened at the same time. The error log reveals nothing. Please help. thanks, Barry
bltmonty

Re: blank home page after upgrade to Php 5.3.13

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 am

Hi bltmonty,

You may be running into an issue that affects OJS versions older than 2.3.7 when using PHP 5.3. There is a class name clash between OJS' Locale class and the one that comes with PHP 5.3. The OJS class has been renamed in 2.3.7. Is it possible for you to attempt an upgrade to OJS 2.3.7?

(if you attempt this, please make sure you have made backups of your site, files, and database)

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Re: blank home page after upgrade to Php 5.3.13

Postby bltmonty » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:54 pm

thanks Jason--that's it. version 2.3.5 is not compatible with Php 5.3.13. After upgrade, I have no problems.
bltmonty

Return to OJS Technical Support