Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:
1. Search the forum
. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page
or from our Google Custom Search
, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend
searching the forum for said error.
2. Check the FAQ
to see if your question or error has already been resolved.
3. Post a question
, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion
subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development
We are a non-profit academic society that has recently installed OJS for an international journal that we have taken over. We have registered quite a few Editors, Reviewers and Authors in the system. They have now begun testing the and accepting submissions from authors. However, a number of them have reported problems that I have compiled into a list below. Some of these issues may be user created and others may be configuration related or just plain bugs. Perhaps several of these issues have one cause? I don't have access to the server side set-up so I can't even see what's going on. They did send me a copy of the config file but I don't want to ask them to change any settings until I get some advice from this forum (hopefully).
If anyone can shed some light on any of these issues, it would be great.
I am a Journal Manager. OJS 220.127.116.11 was installed on a hosting company server that offers us free support. All I know about the hosting environment at this stage is that it is a Linux server and therefore we are using PHPMail and not Exchange. Perhaps I should ask them to activate scheduled_tasks=On in the config file and disable mod_rewrite because I saw a post where that interfered with emails?? Other than that, I don't know if there are any other config files that would help. i have asked them if they've installed all the patch files but I haven't heard back yet.
The login return URL page is blank after clicking the "login" button. You must click the browser back button to display the logged-in page. This is the same situation if you update any settings as the Journal Manager. I have checked this in several browsers and it is the same result.
1. Emails sent to authors are not saved even when you do not assign yourself as the editor to record the decision.
2. Reject emails are not saved or sent.
3. Email Overwritten: an email sent to an author (Editor’s Decision section) with the reviewers’ comments is overwritten by the authors’ reply.
4. Email not sent: manual email sent to reviewer [to allocate papers] are not sent.
5. Email Error message occurs when you send an email from the review menu for a revised document. At a later point, the email shows-up.
6. Late/overdue email reminder does not get generated.
1. Uploaded submission receipts are not issued to the submitter to let them know that they have been successful in uploading a document.
2. Review file checkbox doesn’t show-up at the bottom of the page.
3. Rejected articles remain in the system archives even though no Editor decision is recorded via the 'Reject and archive' option.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:09 am
Return to OJS Technical Support
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest