OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upgrade Problem

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Upgrade Problem

Postby smurfy » Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 am

Hi everybody,

I used to work with OJS v2.2.3.0. A little time ago my web server upgraded and so php version upgraded to 5.3.3 as well. After upgrading process, OJS come up with lots of php warning errors. And I was getting such error in "author" page.

##author.submit.startHereTitle##
##author.submit.startHereLink##

That does not allow me to add a new journal as an author.

And finally I decided to upgrade the version of OJS to the latest one. I followed the UPGRADE instructions from the documentation. I uploaded all the files containing latest version and then copied the uploaded files (files_dir defined in config.inc.iphp) directory to new location of OJS installation,and also config.inc.php. But I set the "Installed = Off". After all, I must have upgraded the database,
I click the upgrade link in the page of installation. All the things went successfully, and the message telling the successful completion appeared and also release notes.

But when I was trying to get into a journal page, I am getting the error :
"PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Journal::getId() in /var/www/html/yeni/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 255"

I am waiting for your help, thanks...
smurfy

Return to OJS Technical Support