OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Help with importing past issues with XML

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Help with importing past issues with XML

Postby sillyKris » Wed May 09, 2012 10:25 am

Hi there,

I've read as much as I could find, but even using the third-party XML generator and using code that validates, I'm still getting errors when I try to import even one past issue.

According to the W3C validator, the following is valid XML code...
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
      <!DOCTYPE issues SYSTEM "native.dtd">
      <issues>
   <issue published="true" current="false" identification="title">
      <title locale="en_US">Catalogue of Seed Plants of the West Indies</title>
      <volume>98</volume>
      <number></number>
      <year>2012</year>
      <date_published>2012-01-01</date_published>
      <access_status>1</access_status>
      <access_date>2009-01-01</access_date>
      <show_volume>1</show_volume>
      <show_number>1</show_number>
      <show_year>1</show_year>
      <show_title>1</show_title>
      <section>
         <title locale="en_US">Articles</title>
         <abbrev locale="en_US">ART</abbrev>
   <article>
            <title locale="en_US">Catalogue of Seed Plants of the West Indies</title>
            <abstract locale="en_US">The catalogue enumerates all taxa of Gymnosperms, Dicotyledons, and Monocotyledons occurring in the West Indies archipelago excluding the islands off the coast of Venezuela (Netherlands Antilles, Venezuelan Antilles, Tobago, and Trinidad). For each accepted taxon, nomenclature (including synonyms described from the West Indies and their references to publication), distribution in the West Indies (including endemic, native, or exotic status), common names, and a numerical listing of literature records are given. Type specimen citations are provided for accepted names and synonyms of Cyperaceae, Sapindaceae, and some selected genera in several families including the Apocynaceae (Plumeria), Aquifoliaceae (Ilex), and Santalaceae (Dendrophthora). More than 30,000 names were treated comprising 208 families, 2,033 genera, and 12,279 taxa, which includes exotic and commonly cultivated plants. The total number of indigenous taxa was approximately 10,470 of which 71% (7,446 taxa) are endemic to the archipelago or part of it. Fifteen new names, 37 combinations, and 7 lectotypifications are validated. A searchable website of this catalogue, maintained and continuously updated at the Smithsonian Institution, is available at http://botany.si.edu/antilles/WestIndies/.</abstract>
            <date_published>2012-01-01</date_published>

<author primary_contact="true">
               <firstname>Pedro</firstname>
               <lastname>Acevedo-Rodriguez</lastname>
               <email>jettk@si.edu</email>
               <biography locale="en_US"></biography>
            </author>

<author primary_contact="false">
               <firstname>Mark T.</firstname>
               <lastname>Strong</lastname>
               <email>jettk@si.edu</email>
               <biography locale="en_US"></biography>
            </author>

<galley locale="en_US">
               <label>PDF</label>
               <file>
                  <href src="http://si-pddr.si.edu/dspace/bitstream/10088/17551/2/SCtB-0098.pdf" mime_type="application/pdf"/>
               </file>
            </galley>

</article>

</section>
   </issue>
</issues>

... but when I try to import it to OJS I get the following error:
Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /index.php/scb/manager/importexport/plugin/NativeImportExportPlugin/import.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Thank you very much to anyone who can offer advice or direction, and my apologies if I overlooked a similar problem and solution elsewhere!
sillyKris

Return to OJS Technical Support