OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Multilingual journals problem upgrade to 2.3.7

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Multilingual journals problem upgrade to 2.3.7

Postby ntorres » Mon May 07, 2012 12:45 am

Hi,

I've upgraded from 2.1.1.0 to 2.3.7 my ojs instance for multiples journals. Reviewing after the upgrade I find some problems with multilingual journals. The the default language for the site is es_ES and also support en_US. The problem appears with the journals wich have configured en_US as primary locale (some of them has no alternate locale and some of them uses es_ES as alternate locale).

When I acces to about site page the journal list has blank lines where this journals must appear, like

» Journal one title
»
» Other journal title
so I can't acces to the journal page.

When I acces as a administrator user I only can acces to the journals if I use the english language because if I use spanish language they don't appears in the journal list.

If I edit the journal and I add a title for the es_ES locale it works, but it's no a solution because there are many journals with this problem.

There's any problem with the upgrade to 2.3.7?

Thanks in advance,
ntorres

Re: Multilingual journals problem upgrade to 2.3.7

Postby ntorres » Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 am

More problems with language in multilingual journals:

When I access to a journal page from the about site I always access using the language I select from this page; the journal not change the language if the primary locale is another.
ntorres

Return to OJS Technical Support