OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Batch uploading of pdfs

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Batch uploading of pdfs

Postby Chris_A » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:54 am

Hello,

We have a new installation of OJS 2.1 on a remote server. Am I right in thinking that I cannot directly batch upload pdf files from my own PC, even using the command line facility.

So a reference such as this:
<href src=C:\Documents and Settings\John Doe\My Documents\Typesetting\Archive\04 Storage\Equinox\Journals\PT 7.1_January 2006_Finals\Pdf files\test.pdf mime_type="application/pdf"/>

would be invalid.

From what I've read so far, the best approach would seem to be to copy the files to an FTP site and upload from there?
Chris_A

Postby asmecher » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:36 am

Hi Chris,

There are two ways you can construct an href using the import XML. One is a full URL (e.g. http://www.some-server.com/some/path/to/a/pdf/file.pdf; this is always available. The other method is a relative path, such as /local/path/to/pdf/file.pdf; this is only available when using the command-line import/export tool (tools/importexport.php), and refers to paths on the machine OJS is installed on.

Another alternative is to embed base64-encoded data directly in the XML file; see the <embed> tag for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support